Friday, May 3, 2013

Vienna - On the road again! (GER)


I am now in Munich.  I took an early morning train from Vienna.  The photo above was taken on the original journey to Budapest, but I thought it worked for the return trip to Munich by train as well.  I will be in Munich until Sunday, when I fly to Warsaw on my way to Lithuania.  And you think it is easy to keep track of where I am on any given day!  It has been a blast, but not as relaxing as I had hoped.  I am always on the move!  But for now, let me try to catch up with photos from Vienna...

Steeple of Michaelerkirche (near the Hofburg Palace), the church was the local parish for the court of the Hapsburgs.




Now that is a presider's chair!
A side altar at the Michaelerkirche.






In a side chapel at Michaelerkirche, a remembrance to those who died at the concentration camp at Dachau.
In the Dachau Chapel.

The Michaelertor, the entrance to the Imperial Palace, referred to as the Hofburg.
One of the two fountains on either end of the facade of the Michaelertor.

The other fountain.
Recognize anyone?





The Imperial Palace, now museums.

It looks like all the flags of the countries I will visit during my sabbatical!

More from the Hofburg in my next posting....


No comments:

Post a Comment