Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Doorway to Florence (Rome, IT)



We returned early this evening after 3 days in Florence as part of our art and architecture program.  While I was there, I was attracted to the many different architectural and decorative features of doors and doorways. This posting will be the first of a few on our trip to Florence, since I took more than 250 photos while I was there.  I thought a good introduction to Florence would be some of the photos I took of doors.  In the following days I will attach more of the photos I took.  So let me start here, and open for you the door to Florence!












A decorative door ornament.

The door with the decorative ornament.


Something a bit more modern!






Mr. and Mrs. at the doorway of a candy shop.


I found him at the doorway of a restaurant.

In case you are not a connoisseur of doors, let me whet your appetite with the tourist type photos of Florence I will attach to my postings over the next few days...

The Ponte Vecchio

Along the Arno River



The Duomo (Cathedral)


Fountain in the Piazza della Signoria

Church of Santa Croce (Holy Cross)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics of doors! I took a bunch of pics of doors in Assisi. There's no end to their variety. And all so serious … except maybe for that one with graffiti.

    ReplyDelete