Friday, March 15, 2013

Potpourri of Photos (Rome, IT)






It was a quiet day in Rome, so I took the opportunity to do my usual thing and take a long walk and explore new areas of Rome.  In the middle of my meandering I stopped for lunch at Osteria dell' Anima near the Piazza Navona.  It was a partly sunny day, but cold.  I was happy to come in from the cold for a glass of wine with lunch.  What now follows is a potpourri of photos which I took as I walked the streets of Rome, some familiar to me and some new.  But first I will begin with the first formal portrait of the Pope which was published in today's papers in Rome.


Francesco I





A statue of Padre Pio helping Christ
A bust of Padre Pio
An altar with relics of Padre Pio


Now that is a presider's chair!






Modern entrance to the Roman Temple of Peace near the Masoleum of Ceasar Augustus.  Take note of the woman who is posing on the steps.












Church of San Carlo...again!












Reliquary of St. Charles



Palazzo Borghese





Not too shabby a restaurant...if you can afford it!
Court House






News media satellites have been parked here ever since Benedict XVI's resignation.





The next door I knock at will be in Assisi.  Stay tuned...


1 comment:

  1. It's just after midnight on the east coast. I'm jealous for having missed out on all the fun. But it's good to see you guys are going back to work, now that the big hoopla has toned down. Tell Carlos we saw him on NBC news the day the American cardinals left the NAC. I would have noticed a few more people if the video wasn't going too fast. Have fun in Assisi.

    ReplyDelete