Sunday, April 28, 2013

Picturesque Budapest - Part 2 (HUN)

This posting will have photos from yesterday.  I have many to post, so I will check to see how long they take to upload via the WiFi connection.  When I finish with those photos, I will begin with the photos of Day 2 (today, 28 April) in another posting.  Let's see how far I can get...


Buda Palace






View of the Danube from the terrace in front of the palace.


A monument on one of the walls of the place.












The Hungarian Military Band was playing at a ceremony on the grounds of the palace.










Matthias Church, the "coronation church" of Hungarian kings, which at one time (1686) was entrusted to the care of the Society of Jesus.






A section of the ceiling of Matthias Church.
Pulpit of Matthias Church

















Fishermen's Bastion, a look-out terrace next to Matthias Church.



Bronze model of Matthias Church and Fishermen's Bastion in park next to the church.



My next posting, Part 3, will have photos from my cruise on the Danube on my first day of sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment