Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Arrivederci Roma! (Rome, IT)



Well, the time has come to leave bella Roma!  It is hard to believe that the 12 week sabbatical program at the North American College has ended.  On the last day of the program on Monday of this week, we enjoyed a farewell luncheon at a restaurant on the Appian Way, where yours truly was asked to be the Master of Ceremonies for the program of toasts and speeches.  The photo above was taken today at the Hotel Cavalieri in Rome.  Father David Wynen (Diocese of Hamilton, Ontario) and I got together for lunch.  Dave  leaves on Friday of this week for a 10 day cruise on the Meditteranean.  I leave tomorrow for Munich.  Now the adventure takes a whirlwind pace as I return to Boston via 14 different countries.  Keep your seat belts fastened!


And now for a few parting photos of bella Roma from the terrace of the Cavalieri Hotel, which is atop Monte Mario, overlooking all of Rome.






And with the mascot of MGM roaring, it is THE END of Part 1 on my sabbatical.
P.S.  I will still continue to catch up with photos of my trip to Greece.


No comments:

Post a Comment