Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Beautiful Day in Rome (Rome, IT)


What a lovely Spring day it has been in bella Roma!  There was nothing but warm sunshine and gentle breezes throughout the day.  My day began with Mass at del Caravita, a church which I have already explained to you in earlier postings.  After Mass, I walked about for a short time before deciding to have lunch at an outdoor cafe near the Piazza della Rotunda.  It was both a perfect day and location to spend two and a half hours enjoying wonderful Italian food and watching the world pass by in front of the Pantheon.  The photo above was the table next to mine.  It was not empty for long.  The next photo on this posting is of the rose which was on my table.  It is the bookend to the white rose I posted recently from a cafe in Athens.



I could not resist attaching photos of my day today on this posting.  I promise that the next few postings will be about my trip to Greece.  It is going to be difficult to select photos for each posting from the over one thousand photos I took during the trip.  Let's see how it goes...

The columns in the background are of the facade of the Pantheon.
The strolling musician grinned when he saw that I was taking his picture from my table at the cafe.  He was serenading the diners...for tips!









Too late for lunch; too early for dinner - a cafe near the Castel Sant' Angelo.



No comments:

Post a Comment