Thursday, January 24, 2013

Roman Holiday (Rome. IT)



I am happy to report that I already feel like a native.  Now if I could only speak Italian.  I was pleased with myself in navigating the streets of Rome to get to the places I wanted to go.  One thing that did impress me, that I have not appreciated in my prior visits to Rome, is that most, if not all, of the streets of Rome are named for men.  Other than the Blessed Mother, I have yet to see a street named for a woman.  I will keep my eye out.  Attached are photographs of the stops I made today in my whirlwind of walking, the Trevi Fountain, St, Ignatius Church, the government buildings of Italy (which are in the area of the city between the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon), the Pantheon, and the Piazza Navona.  I hope you enjoy them.




Trevi Fountain







Tourists in front of the Trevi Fountain

Palazzo Chigi

Chamber of Deputies (Parliament)

On the corner of a government building!


Column of Emperor Marcus Aurelius


Interior of Church of St. Ignatius



Statue of St. Ignatius

Statue on side altar of church

Plaque above tomb of Fr. Dezza


Piazza della Rotunda

The Pantheon




Inside the Pantheon


Tomb of King Umberto (inside the Pantheon)

Tomb of Vittorio  Emmanuele, Father of the Country


Interior of the dome of the Pantheon

Statute of Madonna above the tomb of Raphael

Small altar inside the Pantheon

Still in the Christmas spirit inside the Pantheon.


In case you need a ride after visiting the Pantheon.

Piazza della Minerva


Guess whose workshop I found?





Piazza Navona




Art work for sale on the Piazza Navona

Someday your face may be among these!


1 comment:

  1. Well, you did see the Piazza della Minerva. She's a woman..

    ReplyDelete