Monday, January 14, 2013

Another Day in a Church (London, UK)

Here I am, back in the same day so I can catch up on my daily posting.  My last word was about going to The Ledbury.  It lived up to its 2 star rating!  It is only fitting to feast like a king in England!  I got back to my room late in the evening, so I started the day later than usual.  I woke up to snow.  The entire day has been a mix of snow and rain, mostly rain, as the attached pictures will tell.  And because of the rain, there are fewer pictures to show.  I decided to walk to Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.  I spent more than 2 hours in the abbey, partly because of the rain, but I also did the audio tour which I had not done before.  It was excellent.  I also wanted to take full advantage of the admission price of 15 Pounds, reduced from 20 Pounds because I received the Senior (60 and over) discount!  I also prayed for the parishioners in Medfield, MA, as I visited the tomb of Edward the Confessor.  I also had lunch in the abbey restaurant.  When I left the abbey, the rain was quite heavy so I quickly meandered my way back via another short visit to The National Gallery, the more extended visit was yesterday.  Now I am about to pack.  I leave by train tomorrow morning for Edinburgh.  Next posting from Scotland...

Royal Horse Guard


Horse Guards Parade








Side Entrance of Westminster Abbey
Abe on Parliament Square


1 comment:

  1. Have a safe train ride to Edinburgh. I can remember when we had to take Latin for 2 years in high school many years ago. Love Betty Ann

    ReplyDelete