Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dinner with Anne and Maeve (Edinburgh, UK)

I have just returned from a delightful dinner with Anne and Maeve.  Jim was on assignment in Glasgow, preparing to write a review of the musical festival.  Jim, in his retirement, is a freelance journalist who covers the arts.  Maeve will perform next weekend at the Glasgow music festival.  She is a very accomplished harpist, which I can personally attest to after having listened to one of her recordings after dinner.  Her original composition inspired by Moon River is quite lovely!  And, as it turns out, Maeve is almost a neighbor.  She attended Berklee School of Music in Boston, and now lives in Somerville.  This goes in the category of small world.  Dinner was absolutely delicious, and Anne gave all the credit for cooking the meal to Jim.  However, it had all the appearances of a joint effort to me.  Anne and Maeve could not have been more hospitable.  I certainly felt right at home.  Finally, Maeve was correct.  The photos we took were out of focus.  They are attached anyway.  It appears the camera was set on video. My apologies to Anne and Maeve for not capturing on film the full quality of their beauty!  And now, it is midnight and I need to pack.  I leave in the morning for London.  Cheers!

With Maeve


With Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment