Saturday, January 12, 2013

British Museum and More (London, UK)

I started the day at the British Museum and spent close to 3 hours there.  Saturday is a busy day at the museum, as it is in most of London.  There were masses of people walking the streets, especially in the shopping and tourist areas.  I explored the center of London during the afternoon and got lost twice, having gone in circles in both instances.  Either they changed the streets since my last visit, or my memory is failing me! The weather has been quite cold and damp.  Typical weather for this time of year!  Snow is in tomorrow's forecast.  It is a good thing I packed for 3 seasons.  As promised, I called Mairead's cousin, John, but he was "under the weather" and could not visit.  I had dinner at Bill's in SoHo and highly recommend it.  I was unsuccessful in getting to see The Mousetrap in yet another of its anniversary years.  It is hard to believe the play is almost as old as I am! 


The British Museum
The museum's front courtyard.
Part of the Elgin Marbles.
More Elgin Marbles.
A close up view of the Elgin Marbles.
An original ancient Greek Temple in the museum.
The museum's "new" interior lobby.
Piccadilly Circle
Some local color at St. James Church in Piccadilly.
The legend itself!

1 comment: