Monday, March 24, 2014

London Redux, March 2014 (UK)



Greetings from London!  I am here on holiday to visit friends whom I have known since my days at Boston College, Suzy Muscato and Mark Lalley.  I presided at their wedding, baptized 2 of their 3 children, and was sponsor for the older son's (Win) Confirmation.  Our friendship dates backs to 1986 when Suzy and Mark were students at BC.  I will be with them beginning tomorrow at their home in Richmond.  Today, I was walking for the entire day in London, enjoying the Spring weather.  Here are a few photos.  It is now very late at night.  I had trouble importing the photos from my camera to the computer, so I am only attaching 3 more photos, then going to bed for the night.  More to follow…if Suzy and Mark have a wi-fi connection in their house.  Otherwise, this may be my one and only posting while I am here in London.


The next 2 photos were taken at a protest which was taking place across the street from 10 Downing Street, the residence of the British Prime Minister.  You will understand the nature of the protest when you see the photos.



3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, the ones of the protest were very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While in Charleston, I stood on the sidelines of a student protest at the College of Charleston. Senator McConnell was vetted on Thursday and voted in on Saturday by the Board of the college. He is a pro-South, Tea Partier, Confederate flag touting Son of the South. I was staying in Faculty housing - a beautiful 200 year old house - two doors from the President's house, when I heard the shouts. I dressed quickly and followed the students down to the Cistern where they convened. Not quite the protests of my youth, but I was happy to see that student bodies still recognize that they have power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dennis - the name chlee is me, Candace. in case you didn't know.

    ReplyDelete